Monday, June 4, 2012

5/31/2012


We took all of our patients to Sacsayhuamán for a walk. It took quite a long time to get them prepared to go out (some weren’t just listening..). Sacsayhuamán is one of the beautiful places to visit in Cuzco and I was lucky to go there without transportation fee and entrance fee. More than that, I was excited that we were taking patients for a fresh air and for a beautiful scenery. Also, I was happy that there were five interns who came with us and later we got to know each other well.
It was a beautiful day and on the bus we all tried to get the patients excited for the trip. Though we couldn’t really get much response from them, I knew that they were happy.
We finally got to the place… and it was SO SO gorgeous! I wish I brought a camera with me, but clumsy me, I was in a rush this morning and I forgot to bring it L
I am not sure, but whenever I see aged people I feel so close to them. There was a patient who is very aged (I think between 80 and 90 yrs old) and he was very short and with a hat he was wearing he was very cute (I know ‘cute’ isn’t really the right word to describe an old man but… I think those who are fond of old people should know what I mean) and I just wanted to stand beside him all the time. He was constantly saying things to himself (or to me) and I had no idea what he was saying. But anyways, after taking a good view of Sacsayhuamán, we had lunch together. After that, we played some sports… well we didn’t really play ‘play sports’ but get some patients kick some balls around. Aw, the old man I was with throughout the whole trip was just standing on the grass as if his feet were glued to the grass and when the ball came to him he kicked as hard as he could. It was the first time I would see him look  very energized because the ball would fly really far away. I would see a big grin on his face as if he just won a trophy. Haha. Aw…. Grandpa. I actually saw a lot of smiles and heard bountiful of laughs among the patients and then I thought maybe they need to get out more and kick some balls.
 
Cute grandpapito, Vicent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment