Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The power of word

I was talking to two of my friends after graduation and we had a great talk. I haven't talk to one of them for a long time because both she and i had different commitments throughout the semester. Anyways, she told me that she was happy for me that i was going to South America and that this is a good choice for me.I don't know why but this was a huge encouragement for me. Both my parents and my family in Chicago weren't very supportive of me or rather they weren't very happy for me. I try not to care and do what makes me happy (even though i might not have a clear idea of what i am doing) but anyways, knowing that there are friends who are happy for me in whatever i do means a lot to me. She also shared how when she shared her faith with her dad, he wasn't very happy for her. What made her more sad was the fact that she feels so loved by her dad but not very understood by him about her faith, which now means a lot to her. I was able to relate myself to her. She is a beautiful girl and i pray that her dad comes to a better understanding of her faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment